Tuesday 18 August 2015

Without naming it

How do birds live their life?
Full, from start to end, without naming it
Out of their egg with nothing but chirps
Ready for a life to live on their own terms

They learn their flight
With science not even slight
They gather their twigs for a nameless nest
Where they rear and rest

Discipline with no clock and nests with no lock
Drinking and bathing in water that they don't call
With ease they face life as no human can
Defeating challenges with their little brains

Perhaps it's all about keeping your mind empty
Not filling it with data and names - of no use can that be
Perhaps this is the way to lead life, sans  names and books
Perhaps we're doing it wrong, trying to define it

------
Note:
I'm no poet and I won't pretend to be one
This came as an emotional thought, and I wrote words as they came
Paying no attention to grammar or even rhyme
I don't call this a poem, definitely not prose -
But it's got to be something and I'll let you decide what that'll be
------
This thought came to me - well, the heading at least, on 18/8/2015, as I was in the Tum-Tum back to my hostel from class at 12:50pm for lunch, I saw two birds (pigeons, I think, might've been crows) bathing in and splashing water at each other in an open drain near Hostel 9. The thought that they didn't know it was called water triggered something in me..
I typed down the words straight on my blog page here as they came.

1 comment:

  1. They rise and fly high
    They live and die
    But leave no footprints
    On the sands of time.
    Oh how happy they are
    When they chirp and tweet
    Live light like a bird
    Oh don't bother to
    Leave footprints on the sands of time
    The wave will wash them away.
    Just live and let live!

    ReplyDelete

Seine Wörter

Sein Wörter sind ja schön, Aber liebe sie nicht zu sehr, Er sagt wie es ist richtig, Aber es ist nur sein Meinung, Glaub nicht die Wörte...