Sunday 22 January 2017

Poetry and Me

My heart, I find, is a kettle,
In which, boils water of emotions,
Ready to form vapour and steam of words,
When prodded the slightest,

It brims, I find,
With fluid ready to flow over,
Which quivers at the slightest touch,
Of sight, of other words or ideas,

A picture speaks a thousand words, they say,
But I find that a picture brews even more from me,
Stirring the fluid that has large bubbles,
Ringing music in my ears and heart,

Oh it gets heavy at times, consuming me whole,
And holds my work, until I stop,
To pick a pen,
And put it down in record,

While spilt liquid stains my sheets forever,
It touches me never upon leaving my pen,
But the heat raises the level within the kettle,
Ready to spill out more.

Written between 10:09pm and 10:11pm, 22.1.2017 at C504, IIT Bombay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seine Wörter

Sein Wörter sind ja schön, Aber liebe sie nicht zu sehr, Er sagt wie es ist richtig, Aber es ist nur sein Meinung, Glaub nicht die Wörte...